I’ve lived in New York City for awhile now and there are things that I love to reminisce about and long for that I simply took for granted when I lived back home in Indiana.
• Wal-Mart: say what you want about their labor practices and everything else but there will always be a place in my heart for the wonderful one-stop mega (and cheap) store that is Wal-Mart.
• Sonic Breakfast Burritos: Even though I only ate a few in my lifetime in the midwest I miss them greatly as I watch commercials on TV
• Chick-Fil-A: Yeah, I’m sorry but the one at NYU just doesn’t cut it for me; yeah, I know, I haven’t been, although they don’t screen for student IDs
• Arby’s: there used to be one in the City but, alas, no more horsey sauce for New Yorkers.
• All-You-Can-Eat (Chinese) Buffets: There was one in every town and I miss the variety.
• Free Drink Refills: It’s a blessed treat when you find a restaurant with free refills in the City.
What do you miss from your home-town area that you don’t have where you live now?